CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 2, 2011

Plants

We started our plants science unit a couple weeks ago. This is quickly becoming my favorite science unit of the whole year! (We use FOSS science kits). I have done a lot of supplementing for this unit, but my kiddos are loving it! They are so engaged. We started out by doing the ever so popular "growing a lima bean plant in a bag." It has been a huge success! I love to see them come in every morning and get so excited over the growth of their bean.

I have really been trying to focus on observations. I have showed them how to write and draw their observations in a journal that I created. It has been a huge success. Below I have added my observation journal, I hope someone else can use it for their class!

Lima Bean Experiment Observation Journal

No comments:

Post a Comment